constellationnoise asked: Thanks so much, I'm so excited for my trip.
I'm staying at St. Pancras in London
What top ten things (in your opinion) should I see? Especially the "real" London.
Heya! Of course as you’re coming to London you should see some of the big sites. Apart from those, the top 10 things I think you should see for what I consider as the ‘real’ London are:
1) Camden Town and the Stables Market. And the Camden Catacombs
2) Brick Lane Market (on Sundays)
3) Visit Old Street/ Hoxton Square bars one evening
4) Covent Garden
5) Wander around/ eat in Little Venice
6) Visit ‘The Vault’ if you’re into music and memorabilia
7) China Town
8) Go to Proud (Camden) Madame JoJo’s (Piccadilly) or Cargo (Old Street) to see great live music
9) Borough Market
10) Go to Fabric (or an underground club) one night if you’re into that sort of music. Or go out in Soho….it’s just immense anywhere you go!
But for the more ‘touristy’ things to do, these are musts as I still think they represent the best of London:
1) Natural History Museum (my favourite place!)
2) Sir Francis Drake’s ship
3) Abbey Road
4) Must see London Zoo
5) Leicester Square at night
6) Visit Harrods
7) Madame Tussauds
8) See a play at the Globe Theatre
9) The British Museum
10) Changing of the guards of Buckingham Palace
If you need anymore ideas let me know! King’s Cross is a great place to be staying…lovely bars, central and of course can see Platform 9 3/4!! For events/ festivals going on for the time you are staying it’s best to go to www.timeoutlondon.com as it is really up to date and always gives me ideas!
Hope you have a great time!